Are you looking for more than the typical advice when it comes to interview tips? It seems that all the interview articles out there just repeat the same thing over and over again. While the advice is golden, it doesn’t add anything to your interview prep. But, there is actually more for you to learn.
7 Interview Tips You Have Never Heard Before
- Review the interviewer’s LinkedIn profile. Doing an interview with someone you don’t know is unnerving for a lot of people. If you know the interviewer’s name, look him or her up on LinkedIn. You can learn a bit about that person and maybe see a face.
- Go for a run or ride your bike. Exercise triggers the release of endorphins in your body. So, the night before or morning of your interview, take time to exercise. The endorphins will decrease your stress and make you feel more positive for the interview.
- Pay attention to your wardrobe details. You have already heard about dressing professionally for an interview. But, you need to pay attention to the details. Polish your shoes. Spend extra time on your hair. Wear your best suit or dress. It will boost your confidence.
- Listen to music or an audio book on the way to the interview. Upbeat music will help distract you from any stress or anxiety about the interview. An audio book can transport you to another place for a short time before you walk into the interview.
- Get your mind in the right place. A common practice before going on an interview is to practice answering common interview questions. But, it is just as important to practice your internal dialogue. Tell yourself you are perfect for the role and the company is lucky that you interviewed.
- Call your best friend right before you go into the interview. Talking with someone you trust right before the interview can help you voice any concerns you have. Plus, hearing that you can “nail it” from someone else can make the interview easier.
- Make a reservation for lunch or dinner after the interview. All the work that goes into preparing for and going through an interview is tiring. Having something to look forward to can keep you going.
These tips may be unconventional, but they will help you stay relaxed, yet focused, during the interview. If you are looking for a job, and looking for a place to succeed, give us a call here at Therapia Staffing.