- Physical Therapist Assistant
Website Therapia Staffing
PTAs assist the physical therapist in the treatment of individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
Physical therapy is becoming more and more popular, especially among patients treated for arthritis, lower back pain, injuries due to accidents, and heart diseases. The main purpose of a physical therapy assistant is to assist physical therapists in helping patients recovering from surgery, illnesses, and injuries to manage pain and to regain movement. In most cases, exercise is performed, where muscles and joints are strengthened through different techniques.
- Measure the patient’s motor function
- Record strength and muscle performance
- Assist physical therapists in developing treatment plans
- Observe patients and write progress reports
- Evaluate the capability of patients to function independently
- Assist patients in carrying out specific exercises
- Treat patients with varieties of techniques, like stretching and massage
- Help patients with equipment and devices, like walkers
- Use and care for braces or prostheses (artificial body parts)
- Use electrical stimulation and ultrasound
- Educate patients on how to exercise properly to strengthen muscle and improve mobility
- Teach the patients and their family members what to do at home after treatment
- Associate’s degree in physical therapy from an accredited program, no new graduates
- Licensed in AZ or the ability to get licensed
- Able to start immediately
- Need prior geriatric experience
- Spanish speaking would be highly preferred!
- Monday through Friday 7:30 – 4:00, 30 hours guaranteed, 40 hours a week expected
- Will have to work one Saturday per month
Therapia Staffing offers a very competitive salary package, weekly pay, health, dental and vision insurance, not to mention a way to experience a new professional path. If you are not in the area Therapia Staffing does offer relocation and housing assistance.Required License: PTA