Website Therapia Staffing
The Braillist is responsible for transcribing educational materials into alternative formats for students who are blind or visually impaired. In addition, this position provides support to the district’s program for students with visual impairments. The Braillist performs a variety of Braille transcription work; assists teachers with the preparation of classroom and teaching materials for visually impaired students; and assists with the instruction and supervision of students.
Some duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists with the supervision, guidance and instruction of students in a wide variety of areas.
- Checks students’ progress and assists with individual work assignments.
- Prepares instructional and classroom materials.
- Administers and corrects tests.
- Prepares and issues classroom supplies and materials.
- Requests, receives and inventories book, materials and supplies.
- Transcribes materials from print to Braille and Braille to print.
- Operates Braille equipment and/or a computer in transcribing materials from print to Braille.
- Provides specialized assistance in Braille reading and writing.
- Maintains confidentiality to protect privacy of students, families and staff.