- School Psychologist
Website Therapia Staffing
School Psychologist conducts formal psychological evaluations of various target student populations for special education eligibility, planning, placement and consultation with or referral to available resources. Provide psychological services to special education students.
- Receives and reviews available developmental information from school-based and outside resources about student behavior(s) and selects an appropriate psychological intervention; consult with curriculum personnel, administrators, and teachers in order to help adapt curriculum and classroom practices to pupils with any special needs.
- Administers, scores, and interprets psychological tests of intelligence, personality, neuropsychological processing, achievement, and development; observes students in the classroom for diagnostic purposes; interview students, parents, school personnel and gathers other sources of information on individual students; interprets and synthesizes information obtained from psychological interventions in order to prepare a written report; uses information obtained from the psychological evaluation to develop written recommendations to improve student engagement and learning.
- Consults with students, staff, and parents to assist in developing individual instructional strategies or mental and behavioral health services for students.
- Collaborates with other school personnel to create and maintain a multi-tiered continuum of services to support academic, social, emotional, and behavioral goals for students.
- Establishes and maintains effective open communication with students, parents, teachers, and administrators; participates in staff professional development activities.
- Participates in campus problem solving team.
- Provides a continuum of mental and behavioral health services, including individual and group counseling, behavioral coaching, positive behavioral supports, and parent education
- Participates in school crisis prevention and response teams
- Addresses individual differences, strengths, backgrounds, and needs in the design, implementation, and evaluation of all services.
- Uses techniques of data collection to evaluate services at the individual, group, and systems levels.
- Remains knowledgeable about ethical and professional standards, and legal regulations.
- Participate in professional development activities to improve skills related to job assignments and for maintenance of license
- Performs other duties as assigned