- School Registered Nurse
Website Therapia Staffing
School nurses provide health services in schools and other educational settings. Their goal is to treat student injuries or illnesses and advise students, their parents or guardians, and staff on health issues.
- Developing plans for student care based on assessment, interventions, and identification of outcomes, and the evaluation of care.
- Serving as consultants with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors.
- Providing health-related education to students and staff in both individual and group settings.
- Monitoring immunizations, managing communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment as to prevent injury and ensure safety.
- Overseeing infection control measures.
- Actively participating in school safety plans that address school violence, bullying, and emergencies that may occur at school.
- Overseeing medication administration, health care procedures, and the development of healthcare plans.
- Overseeing vision, hearing, body mass index, and mental health screening procedures.
- Making decisions related to the delegation of healthcare tasks as directed by state laws and professional practice guidance.
- Providing health advice to school educational teams, such as the Committee on Special Education and the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP) team.
- Assisting families with locating outside care and obtaining health insurance.